Friday, May 24, 2013

shutter doggy leash hanger

So my friend Kim and I recently moved into a duplex in the High Point area of Memphis. We have been here for a few months now and things are finally coming together. We both work at The Pet Hospitals so our shifts are long and the days off are usually spent on the couch with the pups, a glass of cheap wine and a Criminal Minds marathon. But, this past week, I made myself be productive instead. *insert pause to pat self on back*

In case you don't follow me on Twitter or Instagram (which you should) and have yet to see the pathetic amounts of pictures of my precious pup, here you go. This is Tanner and his partner in bromance, Wally. Tanner was rescued from Memphis Animal Shelter last February & Kim adopted Wally from Border Collie Rescue of Memphis when he was a couple months old. Aren't they cute?

So anyway...

We needed a handy place by the door for the leashes and our keys, so, I got crafty. Of course I love the look of any wood, so when my mommy dearest suggested using these old wooden shutters, I took her up on the offer. They were a funky blue (not a cool funky, like an "ew" funky) so I spray painted them a cream color and roughed 'em up a little.

Next, I just drilled holes where I wanted to put these awesome Anthropolgie knobs (that I got on sale, duh) and that was it! You may need to use a small handsaw to cut off extra knob in the back, so that it hangs on the wall properly. But here is the result!




No need for a leash hanger? This makes an awesome necklace holder. Guess who also loves neck bling? This girl. So yes, there are now two of these in my home. Look like something you'd want to hang your precious neck decor on? Let me make you one! They will be on my etsy shop soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment